In 1950, Carl Repetto, Dave Rosaia and Ben Roberts started Tracy Disposal Company and began servicing the City of Tracy with approximately 9,600 residents. Five years later, in 1955, the City of Tracy awarded Tracy Disposal with the leaf and yard waste service. Over the next thirty years, Tracy Disposal evolved with the growing community and with the latest technologies in waste management. In 1986, partner Ben Roberts retired, selling his share of the business to Carl's son, Mike Repetto . Mike's brother, Curt Repetto, later became a partner as well.
In 1989, the California State Legislature passed Assembly Bill 939 which reduced waste going to the landfill by 25% by the year 1995 and by 50% by the year 2000. In response to the new legislation, Tracy Disposal implemented recycling services for waste products such as newspaper, cardboard, glass bottles, scrap metal, green waste, wood waste and construction/demolition materials. In 1991, the City of Tracy and Tracy Disposal started the curbside recycling "blue box" system, followed by an automated yard waste collection system in 1995 at which time, the Tracy Material Recovery and Transfer Facility was built to help the City of Tracy and San Joaquin County meet and exceed the 50% diversion requirement of AB939. In 2003, the curbside recycling service evolved into a fully automated commingled recycling program as the City reached a population of over 80,000.
For the last 60 years, Tracy Disposal Company has remained actively involved in the community through various non-profit organizations, community service programs and the local school district.